Sunday, January 30, 2011

Arabian Nights


Hi all!

I'll be posting an introduction soon, but I couldn't wait to share this NOTD with you! :)

I've been waiting for days so that I could take photos of this manicure in the sunlight! It's quickly become my favorite combination; Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in Pacific Blue (no. 33) and the stunning Nfu Oh 51.


The color here came out very odd, but I included it because you can see the flakies well, and the greenish/aqua color on my pinky nail!
Here you can see some of the beautiful aqua/green color of the Nfu oh 51 flakies!

The colors are actually accurate in this last picture! It's that bright in the sun! :)

This combination surprised me! It has that enchanting "lit from within" kind of glow to it, and unfortunately my photos don't do it justice. Nfu oh 51 is a purple with amazing multicolored flakies, and so the sparkle on the nails changes from the pinky-orange color you see in the photos to turquoise and green. The combination is blurple (a combination of blue and purple), almost ultraviolet. I used two very thin coats of Pacific Blue, which is actually quite watery, but highly pigmented (although it smells kind of skunk-like) and then 2-3 coats of Nfu oh 51 on top.

Nfu oh 51 can be purchased at http://www.fabuloustreet.com/ for $12.50. It's a little steep, but there's free shipping within the USA! Pacific Blue can be purchased at most drugstores, and retails for around $2.99.

A friend of mine told me my manicure reminded her of the song "A Whole New World" from Aladdin, but I thought it was more "Arabian Nights"-esque. What do you think?

When the sun comes back out I'll post photos of each color individually!

Cheers,
Nancy

UPDATE 2/10/11: Here are some images I took of the bottles of Nfu oh 51 and Sally Hansen Pacific Blue!







0 comments:

Post a Comment